Hot Buttered Rum Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add 1/2 cup sugar, beating well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
4. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients.
5. Combine milk and 3 tablespoons rum.
6. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
7. Beat mixture at low speed until blended after each addition.
8. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.
9. Bake at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
10. Remove from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
11. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons rum and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small sauce pan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly; until sugar dissolves.
12. Brush over warm muffins.