Molasses or Honey Doughnuts (Fastnacht Kucka) Recipe
Instructions:1. Scald milk, cool; when it becomes lukewarm, mix in 2 quarts of flour, making a smooth batter; add yeast and water mixture.
2. Beat together well and allow to stand over night.
3. Combine the butter and eggs, and cream well.
4. Add the honey and a little of the flour.
5. Beat well and add the remaining flour, leaving enough to dust bread board.
6. Allow time for full rise and then roll and cut in form of doughnuts.
7. Let rise again and fry in hot cooking oil or fat.