Honey-Almond Rugelach Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
2. Add 3 tablespoons honey and mix well.
3. Mix in the flour until the dough holds together.
4. Form the dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line cookie sheets with parchment paper and grease the parchment.
6. Divide the dough into fourths.
7. On a lightly floured surface, with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough, one piece at a time, into a 9-inch circle.
8. In a small bowl or cup, combine 2 tablespoons honey and lemon juice; mix well.
9. Brush the dough with some of the honey mixture; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over the entire surface.
10. In another small bowl, combine the almonds, dried cherries and the remaining 3 tablespoons honey; mix well.
11. Spread 1/4 the almond mixture onto the circle of dough, stopping 1/2-inch from the outer edge.
12. Cut the circle into eight wedges.
13. Starting at the wide outer edge, roll up each triangle jelly roll style, toward the tip.
14. Gently bend both ends to form a crescent.
15. Place on prepared cookie sheet; refrigerate for 20 minutes or longer.
16. Repeat with the remaining dough, honey-lemon mixture, cinnamon and filling.
17. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
18. Remove from the pan and cool on wire racks.
19. Unbaked crescents may be stored in a freezer-safe container or bags and frozen for up to 3 months.
20. Thaw before baking.