Yule Log Cookies Recipe
Nutrition Analysis Per Cookie: 45 calories, 1g protein, 8g carbohydreat, 1g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the brown sugar and margarine until blended.
3. Add the egg product; beat until well blended.
4. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices; mix well.
6. Divide the dough in half.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough with your hands to make two 10 1/2-inch logs; flatten slightly to 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
8. With a spatula, place the logs 2 to 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Dip a non-serrated knife in water; score each log diagonally at 3/4-inch intervals.
10. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until set and no longer moist.
11. Cool for 1 minute.
12. Remove from the cookie sheet; place on a wire rack.
13. Cool for 5 minutes.
14. With a serrated knife, cut the logs at the scored lines.
15. Cool completely.
16. Decorate each cookie with decorator icing to resemble a holly leaf and berries.