Variety Spice Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. You may substitute one of the following for the applesauce: 4-1/2 oz jar strained plums, apricots with tapioca, strained pears, or strained squash.
2. Using baby food eliminates the need to puree Combine baking mix, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in medium bowl;mix well.
3. Beat together applesauce, evaporated milk, oil, and egg.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture.
5. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Fill 12 buttered muffin cups 2/3 full of batter.
7. Bake in hot oven (400F) 15-20 minutes.
8. Cool slightly; remove from pan.
9. Makes 12 muffins.
10. For topping, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Dip tops of muffins in 2 tbsp melted butter, then roll tops in cinnamon sugar mixture.