Rosemary Rolls Recipe
Instructions:1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water. Let stand for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in sugar and potaoes.
3. Stir in 2 cups flour, salt, egg and butter.
4. Turn out onto lightly floured work surface, and knead for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
5. If dough is sticky, add remaining flour a little at a time.
6. Put dough in large, greased bowl.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
8. Remove dough from refrigerator and punch down.
9. Return to refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
10. Remove dough from refrigerator 2 hours before baking.
11. Divide dough into 18 pieces.
12. Roll each piece into a ball, and place balls 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
13. Cover balls lightly with plastic wrap and let them rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in volume.
14. Preheat oven 15 minutes before baking to 400 degrees.
15. Brush rolls gently with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary.
16. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
17. Cool on a rack.
18. Pepper rolls may be made by substituting freshly ground black pepper for rosemary.