Puree of Asparagus Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Snap off the lower ends of asparagus where they easily break and bend.
2. Chop and add to the other stock ingredients with 8 cups water.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes and strain.
4. Cut off the very tips of the asparagus and set aside.
5. Chop the middle pieces and set aside.
6. Saute the leeks, onions and shallots in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
7. Add the middle pieces of asparagus, salt, pepper, parsley and stock.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
9. Blend with the miso and strain well through a fine screen or food mill.
10. Blend the tofu and add to the soup.
11. In another pot bring a few cups of water to a boil with a little salt.
12. Cook the asparagus tips until crisp-tender and strain in a colander.
13. Garnish soup with asparagus tips.