Allspice Poppy Seed Wafers Recipe
Instructions:1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Grease heavy large cookie sheets.
3. Combine flour, poppy seeds, allspice and salt in bowl.
4. Using vegetable peeler, remove peel from orange in strips (reserve orange for another use) and place strips in processor.
5. Add sugar and process until peel is finely minced, about 2 minutes.
6. Using electric mixer, beat unsalted butter and orange-sugar mixture in medium bowl until fluffy.
7. Beat in egg yolks.
8. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until smooth soft dough forms.
9. Transfer half of dough to pastry bag fitted with large (number 7) star tip.
10. Pipe dough onto prepared sheets in 1-inch mounds, spacing 2 inches apart.
11. Repeat with remaining dough.
12. Bake until cookies are golden on top and brown on bottom, about 12 minutes.
13. Let cookies stand on sheets 3 minutes.
14. Transfer to racks and cool completely.
15. For Glaze: In small bowl, blend powdered sugar with enough cream to form smooth medium-thin glaze.
16. Spread glaze over cookies.
17. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
18. Let stand until glaze sets, 40 minutes.