Parsley and Mint Salad Recipe
Instructions:1. Bring a small pan of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Blanch the sliced garlic for about 3 minutes, and drain.
3. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, salt, and pepper.
5. Drizzle in the olive oil in a slow, thin stream, whisking all the time, until emulsified.
6. Stir in the minced chiles.
7. Place washed and dried greens in a bowl, add the slivered garlic and the dressing, and toss to coat evenly.
8. Place a mound of greens on each plate.
9. Top each with 2 warm crab cakes and serve immediately.
Pickling Chipotle Peppers:
1. Combine 6 peppers that have been stemmed and, if desired, seeded with 2 cups of red wine vinegar in a small nonreactive saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat so the vinegar is simmering.
3. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Set aside to cool, then store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.