Nutmeg Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, or 3/4 to 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Grease muffin cups, or use foil or paper baking cups.
2. Thoroughly mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Break eggs into another bowl.
4. Whisk in milk and butter until well blended.
5. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Scoop batter into muffin cups.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and springy to the touch in the center.
8. Turn out onto a rack.