Nutmeg Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the muffin tins.
2. Stir together with a fork the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a medium-size bowl, thoroughly combining the ingredients.
3. Beat the egg well in a small bowl, then stir in the cream, milk, and butter and blend well.
4. Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and stir only until there are no streaks of flour. Don't overmix.
5. Spoon batter two-thirds full in each muffin cup.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until rounded tops are lightly golden.
7. Remove muffins from the pan and serve warm.
8. Or cool on a rack and store or freeze for later use; warm before serving.