Mint-Coriander Chutney Recipe
This tongue-tingling chutney from India goes well with party snacks, breads, and rice dishes. The spiciness can be adjusted to individual palates.
Instructions:1. Coarsely chop coriander, mint, and peppers.
2. Process first eight ingredients in a blender, adding enough water to make a coarse paste.
3. Transfer to a nonmetallic container.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan.
5. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
6. Add cumin seeds and stir until fragrant.
7. Remove from heat and add to chutney.
8. Mix well before serving.
9. The chutney is best when made just before serving, but leftovers may be refrigerated and used within 24 hours.