Ginger Crumb Crust Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the middle.
2. In a food processor, process the crumbs, crystallized ginger, sugar and ground ginger until they're as fine as possible.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the melted butter.
4. Set aside 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture for decorating the top of the pie.
5. Press the rest of the crumb mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch deep pie pan.
6. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
7. On a separate pan or sheet of foil, at the same time, bake the 1/4 cup of crumbs.
8. Cool the pie shell completely before putting a cold filling.
9. If the extra crumbs need to be crumbled, crumble them.
10. Makes one deep 9-inch pie shell or 8-inch springform crust.