Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Per Cookie: 83 calories, 2g fat, (22% of calories), 1.5g dietary fiber, 1.8g protein, 15g carbohydrates, no cholesterol, 99mg sodium.
Instructions:1. In a large bowl, thoroughly cream margarine with fructose.
2. Stir in egg whites, molasses and vinegar.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
4. Stir dry ingredients into margarine and fructose mixture.
5. Chill dough for 3 hours or overnight.
6. This batter can be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
7. Preheat oven to 375.
8. Divide dough into four balls for easier management.
9. Place each dough ball between two sheets of lightly floured wax paper and roll out.
10. Cut out gingerbread people using floured cookie cutters.
11. If desired, decorate with raisins or dried fruit.
12. Bake cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 8 minutes or longer.
13. Press dough lightly with one finger to test for doneness: If dough springs back, it's ready.
14. Cool on a rack. Decorate with colorful icing, if desired.