Ginger Snap Recipe - Printable Version Makes 20 cookies
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 gingersnap cookies, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. Grease cookie sheets.
3. Beat egg whites in mixer bowl at medium speed until frothy.
4. Add cream of tartar, beat until soft peaks form.
5. Add sugar, 2 tablesspoons at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
6. At high speed, beat until stiff, 1 minutes more.
7. Beat in vanilla, ginger and cinnamon.
8. Gently fold in cookie crumbs.
9. Drop by teaspoonsful onto prepared cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 45 minutes until dry to the touch.
11. Turn off oven, let meringues cool in oven, 2 hours.