Ginger and Spice Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 36 cookies
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsps ginger
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg or egg white, whipped
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup molasses
1. Preheat oven at 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine egg, margarine, and molasses.
4. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
5. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on unprepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.