Ginger - Molasses Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2. Grease 2-inch muffin tins.
3. Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
4. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy, using electric mixer.
5. Blend in molasses, yolks and soda.
6. Combine flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.
7. Mix into butter alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions each.
8. Fold in nuts and raisins.
9. Beat whites with cream of tartar in another bowl until stiff but not dry.
10. Fold into batter.
11. Spoon into prepared tins, filling 3/4 full.
12. Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
13. Transfer to racks. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Reheat in 350 deg. Oven about 4 minutes.)
14. Serve warm.