Garlic-Broccoli Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Drop unpeeled garlic cloves into boiling water for 1 minute (30 seconds for small cloves); remove from water, peel, and mince.
2. Cut broccoli into buds and stems, discarding woody portions.
3. Cook in boiling water until tender; remove and drain.
4. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan.
5. When butter starts to bubble, add garlic, stirring rapidly for a few seconds.
6. Quickly add flour, salt, and pepper.
7. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
8. Add milk and broth, stirring briskly with a wire whisk until sauce is thickened.
9. In a blender or food processor, puree broccoli with a little sauce, adding remaining sauce until all of broccoli is blended.
10. Correct seasonings to taste and thin with half-and-half to the desired consistency.
11. Serve sprinkled with Hungarian sweet paprika.