Aniseed Chrabeli Recipe
Instructions:1. Sprinkle baking sheets with flour.
2. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until creamy.
3. Stir in flour.
4. Add aniseed and lemon peel.
5. Shape dough into 1/2 inch ropes.
6. Cut ropes into 3 inch lengths; curve each piece into a half-moon shape.
7. Slash outer edge of half-moon in 3 places with a sharp knife.
8. Place on prepared baking sheets.
9. Cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.
10. Preheat oven to 375F.
11. Bake cookies 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
12. Remove from baking sheets immediately; cool on rack.
13. This cookie is very hard and crisp.
14. It makes an excellent "dunking" cookie.