Handy Pastry Recipe Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Stir in egg, water, and vinegar.
3. Divide dough into 5 equal parts; shape each into a ball and wrap tightly.
5. May be stored up to 2 weeks in refrigerator.
6. To fit into pieplate, roll each ball of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
7. Place in a 9-inch pieplate; trim off excess pastry along edges.
8. Fold edges under and flute.
9. For baked pastry shell, prick bottom and sides of pastry generously with a fork.
10. Bake at 450 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.