Tabbouleh Recipe - Printable Version Makes 4 1/2 cups
This Middle Eastern salad has a base of bulgur that is soaked, drained and tossed with a lemony vinaigrette and crunchy, aromatic chopped veggies and herbs.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and finely, diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/8 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1. Place bulgur in small bowl in cold water to cover by 1 inch; soak 1 hour.
2. Drain well, pressing out excess water.
3. Toss bulgur with remaining ingredients in bowl.