Tabbouleh (Cracked Wheat Salad) Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 1 cup bulghur (cracked wheat)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 plum tomato, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Place bulghur in a small bowl; pour over the boiling water and let soak 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Drain and squeeze dry.
3. Place bulgur in a serving bowl and add scallions, green pepper, celery, parsley, mint, and tomato.
4. Toss to mix.
5. In a screw-top jar combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
6. Shake to mix.
7. Pour over bulghur mixture.
8. Toss to mix.
9. Chill overnight.