Sourdough Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 can sourdough starter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp honey, or sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp oil, or melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, dissolve in 1t water
- For Waffles:
- Add 2 tbsp more oil
1. Mix all ingredients except soda with the starter.
2. Heat a griddle or skillet to 375°.
3. Just before cooking, fold dissolved soda into batter.
4. If batter seems t hick, dilute with lukewarm water.
5. Bake as for ordinary pancakes, making them 3 to 4". Makes about 12 small pancakes.