Mighty Muffins Recipe
Per muffin: 159 calories, 5 g protein, 21 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 33 mg cholestrol, 227 mg sodium.
Instructions:1. In a small mixing bowl combine bran and milk; let stand for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in egg, molasses, and butter or margarine; set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Make a well in the center.
5. Add bran mixture; stir til moistened.
6. Fold in raisins and nuts.
7. Grease muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; fill two-thirds full.
8. Bake in a 400 F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or til muffins are done.
9. Cool. Cover and chill to store.