Buttermilk-Sourdough Pancakes or Waffles Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
Fresh blueberries or chopped nuts can be stirred into the batter for a great effect.
- 1 cup flour (unsifted)
- 1 cup whole wheat (unsifted)
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter at room temperature
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melted butter or margarine
1. In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, starter and buttermilk; beat untill blended.
2. Cover and let stand at least 45 minutes or do this before you go to bed and put in fridge.
3. Beat together eggs, milk and oil add to flour mixture and stir untill blended.
4. Combine sugar, soda and salt stir into batter, then let stand 5 minutes.
1. Preheat waffle maker. Cook as directed.
2. Devour immediately or cool on wire rack.
3. Package airtight and freeze. Reheat frozen waffles in toaster.
4. This makes about 12 small waffles.
Drop onto hot greased griddle. This makes about 2 dozen 3-4 inch pancakes.