Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 10
- 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or wheat
1. Beat egg whites with hand beater in medium bowl until foamy.
2. Beat in remaining ingredients except wheat germ just until smooth.
3. Spray griddle or 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Heat griddle over medium heat or to 375ø.
5. For each pancake, pour about 3 tablespoons batter onto hot griddle.
6. Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around edges.
7. Sprinkle each pancake with about 1 teaspoon wheat germ.
8. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.