Toronto Bran Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine cereal with hot milk in a 1-1/2 quart mixing bowl and let it stand about 10 minutes -- or until the cereal has absorbed all of the milk.
2. With the electric mixer on high speed, beat in the oil and eggs till completely blended.
3. Remove the beaters.
4. Switch to a sturdy spoon and dump in the cake mix, stirring only to moisten all of it thoroughly -- but don't overmix or overbeat or the muffin texture will be heavy and tough.
5. The batter will be a bit lumpy.
6. Cover the bowl and let the batter stand 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400 F, and grease 12 muffin tin wells in Crisco, evenly.
7. Divide batter equally between the 12 wells.
8. If you are using cupcake tin wells, you will have 15 muffins.
9. Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes, or till golden brown.
10. Wipe tops of each while still warm in softened butter or margarine.