Three Bran Refrigerator Raisin Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 60 muffins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup prunes, pureed
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups All-BranŽ cereal
- 2 cups oat bran
- 2 cups raisins
1. Pour the boiling water over the wheat bran in a bowl. Let stand.
2. Combine flours, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Blend well.
3. Cream the margarine, prunes, sugar and molasses in a very large bowl until light and creamy.
4. Add the eggs and buttermilk, beating until smooth.
5. Stir in wheat bran, the flour mixture, All bran and oat bran.
6. Mix until well blended.
7. Stir in raisins.
8. Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 400 degrees for 18-23 mins, depending on size.
9. Store unused batter in airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
10. This mixture will keep for up to 2 months.
11. To use take batter directly from the refrigerator and bake the muffins at 375 degrees for 20-25 mins.