Scrumptious Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 10 to 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup Bake It All mix (do not pack)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 cup whole bran
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. To make sour milk, place 2 teaspoons vinegar into a measuring cup and fill to the 3/4 cup mark with milk.
2. Break egg into bowl; beat.
3. Add sugar and milk.
4. Stir in bran and let stand a minute to moisten.
5. Add Mix and soda.
6. Stir quickly until just mixed.
7. Batter will be lumpy.
8. Fill muffin cups, rubbed well with shortening, 1/2 full.
9. Bake in a 425 F oven, 15 minutes.
10. Serve hot with jam or jelly.