Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. To cook rice, add 2/3 cup wild rice to 1 1/3 cup water in sauce pan, bring to boil, turn to simmer.
2. Cover and cook 45 to 55 minutes or until most of kernels have popped.
3. Pre-heat over to 350 degrees, melt butter in sauce pan and saute onions until transparent, blend in flour and gradually add broth.
4. Cook-stir until mix thickens slightly.
5. Stir in rice and salt and simmer about 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to soup tureen and blend in cream.
7. Place in oven (20 to 30 min).
8. Remove to base and garnish with slivered almonds and grated carrots.