Wheat Free Healthy Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 1
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp applepie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 egg whites, unbeaten
- 4 tbsp to 6 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup fresh apple, peeled and sliced
1. Stir together millet, rice flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, arrowroot and apple pie spice in medium bowl.
2. Mix together apple sauce, apple juice concentrate, egg whites and water in a separate bowl.
3. Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients until blended.
4. Spray non stick skillet or griddle with vegetable oil.
5. Use less than 1/4 cup per pancake.
6. Pour batter onto hot griddle and cook until golden brown. When pancakes have bubbly surface and dry edges turn and cook till done. Makes 4 4-inch pancakes.