Rice Flour and Yogurt Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 10
Per 2 Pancakes:
75 calories, 2 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 18 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 0 g fiber.
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
1. Sift rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
2. Mix egg with oil and yogurt; stir in milk.
3. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
5. Pour batter by tablespoonfuls into the dry pan.
6. Cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides, 2 minutes or less.
7. Stack on warm plates.
8. Serve with butter and preserves, or honey.
9. Makes 26 pancakes, 2 3/4 inches in diameter.
10. If making pancakes for 1 or 2, reserve the remainder of the dry and liquid ingredients separately and combine just before cooking. If refrigerated, the flour mixture will keep for weeks, the liquid mixture for 3 days.