Griddle Cakes Recipe
Griddle cakes are very difficult for beginners to make. With a little practice they will turn out.
Instructions:1. Mix all ingredients. Stir batter often while ladling, it tends to separate.
2. Let rest for 6-8 hours to ferment. Cover bowl and leave on counter. (May be made without allowing to ferment. Just skip this step.)
3. Using a small non-stick frying pan, ladle about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, and thinly spread.
4. Bubbles will form immediately.
5. Do not turn until the cake has dried out a little.
6. Loosen gently and turn to cook on other side.
7. The first side takes about 1 1/2 minutes, the other side about 1 minute at medium temperature. May be made several at a time on a griddle, like pancakes.
8. Serve with a bean mixture spooned over them, or use like a crepe.
9. Griddle cakes freeze well. Cook these, then stack, wrap, and freeze.