Avgolemono Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Bring the stock to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the rice, cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
4. Whip the lemon juice into the eggs.
5. Constantly whip the lemon-egg mixture while you add 2 cups of the hot stock, without rice.
6. Just before serving, add the egg, lemon and stock mixture to the rest of the rice and chicken stock, whisking constantly while heating the soup over a medium-low burner. Do not boil the soup or the eggs will coagulate.
7. Add the salt.
8. Let the soup stand covered off the burner for 5 minutes.