Santa's Thumbprints Recipe - Printable Version Makes 36 cookies
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 whole egg or egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker oats (quick or, old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup jelly or preserves
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat margarine and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
3. Blend in egg and vanilla.
4. Add combined oats and flour; mix well.
5. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in chopped nuts.
6. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Make indentation in center of each ball with thumb.
8. Fill each thumbprint with about 1/4 teaspoon jelly.
9. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden-brown.
10. Cool completely on wire rack.
11. Store loosely covered.