Irish Soda Muffins Recipe
Note: To make sour milk, place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in glass measuring cup, add enough milk to equal 1 cup, mix well, and let stand for 10 minutes
Instructions:1. Combine oats and buttermilk; refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Heat oven to 400 F. Grease 12 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
3. In large bowl, combine egg, margarine and brown sugar; mix well.
4. Add oat mixture alternately with combined dry ingredients to egg mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy).
5. Stir in raisins.
6. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.