Giant Raisin Oat Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup, light
- 1/3 tbsp margarine, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp orange peel, grated (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker Oat Bran Hot Cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup oats, rolled (cooked), quick or old fashioned
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Beat sugar, corn syrup, and margarine until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg whites and orange peel and beat until will blended.
3. Gradually add combined oat bran, flour, oats, and baking soda, mixing well.
4. Stir in raisins.
5. Drop by scant 1/4 cups onto ungreased cookie sheet; gently press into 3-inch circles.
6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet.