Banana Orange Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Nutrition Information per muffin: Calories 160, Calories From Fat 27, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 4g.
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 400 F. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients including dates; mix well.
3. Add combined yogurt, banana, egg whites, oil and orange peel, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Fill muffin cups almost full.
5. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Let muffins stand a few minutes; remove from pan.
You can substitute 3/4 cup skim milk combined with 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice for yogurt. Let milk and juice stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.