Natural Bran Muffins Recipe
Per Muffin: 97 calories, 3.1 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g total fat, 0.5 CSI Units, 87 mg sodium, 129 mg potassium, 30 mg calcium, 1.3 mg iron, 3.3 g dietary fiber.
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix raw bran and boiling water in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine egg whites, sugar, buttermilk, oil and dried fruit in a medium bowl.
4. Add to bran in the large bowl.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the flours and baking soda.
6. Add to bran mixture and mix until just blended.
7. Spoon into lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Batter can be kept in refrigerator in a covered jar for several weeks and baked as needed.