Delicious Bran Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Dissolve 3 teaspoons yeast in 1/3 cup warm water sweetened with 1/2 teaspoon honey.
2. Let sit until fluffy (5 minutes).
3. In a large bowl, combine warm milk or juice and applesauce.
4. Add yeast mixture to large bowl.
6. Add the whole wheat and soy flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
7. Add bran and stir in gently.
8. Add raisins or currants.
9. Fold in gently.
10. Place batter in lightly oiled or papered muffin tins.
11. Fill about 2/3 full.
12. Let rise in warm place about 30 minutes, until rounding over tops of tins.
13. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
14. Remove from pans. May be made a day ahead and reheated. Also they freeze well.