Currant-Bran Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine cereal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in 1-quart mixing bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Add buttermilk, egg whites, safflower oil and molasses.
4. Stir to combine (disregard any small lumps).
5. Stir in currants.
6. Chill, covered airtight, for at least 4 hours to thicken.
7. Drop 2 tablespoons thickened batter, 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
8. Sprinkle with more cereal, if desired.
9. Bake in center of 425 F oven until tops have taken slight tinge and edges are very lightly browned, about 8 to 9 minutes, rotating pans if browning irregularly. Do not overbake.
10. Cool on racks.