Country Bran Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine 40% Bran Flakes and boiling water in bowl.
2. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
4. Cream together shortening and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Stir in Bran Flakes mixture and all-bran into creamed mixture.
7. Add dry ingredients alternately with butter/sour milk to creamed mixture, mixing just enough to moisten.
8. Batter can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator. Spoon batter into well-greased 1 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
9. Bake in 400 degree F oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve hot with butter and jam.