Blue Corn Waffles Recipe
Instructions:1. In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix butter with egg yolks and 1/4 cup of melted butter.
3. Pour liquids into dry mixture, stirring to moisten well.
4. Whip egg whites until they hold stiff peaks; fold into batter.
5. Bake in a preheated waffle iron set on medium high heat or in an electric one set at 375 F.
6. Brush grids with melted butter; half fill with batter, spreading slightly.
7. Close iron; bake until waffle is golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Serve hot with butter and syrup.