Amaranth Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 1 cup amaranth cereal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Egg replacer for 1 egg
- 3/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cereal, flour, egg replacerand baking powder.
2. Pour the milk over the mixture and beat with a spoon until the ingredients are well combined.
3. If the batter is too thick, you may add a little more milk.
4. Drop the batter by the 1/4 cup into a hot, oiled skillet and cook over medium-high until bubbles begin to appear on the tops of the pancakes.
5. Turn them over and cook until done.