Golden Puff Doughnuts Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg or mace
- 1/4 cup wesson or Crisco liquid, oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. Stir all ingredients together with a fork until thoroughly mixed.
3. Drop by teaspoonsfuls into deep hot oil or fat fryer preheated to 375 F.
4. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Drain on paper towels and cooling rack.
6. Roll warm puffs in cinnamon-sugar or glaze puffs by dipping into a thin confectioner's sugar icing. Do not cook too many at one time, as fat will cool down and puffs will absorb grease and remain doughy.