Glazed Yeast Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a small bowl.
2. Set aside.
3. Heat the sugar, butter, salt and milk in a saucepan until the butter has melted.
4. Cool to lukewarm.
5. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
6. Stir in the first measure of flour.
7. Beat until smooth.
8. Stir in the dissolved yeast.
9. Add the second measure of flour.
10. Beat until smooth.
11. Stir in the egg.
12. Add enough of the third measure of flour to make a soft dough.
13. Turn out onto a lightly floured board.
15. Let stand for 5 minutes.
16. Knead for roughly 5 minutes.
17. Place in a lightly buttered bowl.
18. Turn dough to coat its entire surface with butter.
20. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
21. Punch down.
22. Turn out onto a lightly floured board.
23. Roll out to a 1/4-inch thickness.
24. Cut using a floured doughnut cutter.
26. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
27. Preheat the deep fryer.
28. Prepare the glaze by combining the ingredients and blending thoroughly.
29. Fry each doughnut until golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
31. Dip the tops of the warm doughnuts in the glaze.
32. Place glaze side up on a rack.