Ginger Bread Cookies in a Ginger Bread Bowl Recipe
Instructions:1. Cream butter and sugars.
2. Beat in molasses, corn syrup, and eggs until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients and blend.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
5. Dough will be stiff.
6. Divide dough into fourths and wrap each in plastic wrap.
7. Chill at least 2 hours.
8. Preheat oven to 350.
9. Smoothly cover the outside of an oven proof glass bowl with aluminum foil.
10. On a lightly floured surface roll out one of the fourths with a floured rolling pin into a 1/4" thick circle.
11. Transfer dough to the outside of the bowl, pressing firmly onto bowl.
12. Make a nice fluted bowl edge.
13. Use a small 1" cookie cutter any shape desired, (hearts, holly) and cut out shapes around bowl edge. (Remember the bowl is going to be turned over when pressing in design.) 14. Place inverted bowl on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or til firm to the touch.
15. Allow to cool on glass bowl.
16. Carefully loosen foil and remove foil and gingerbread bowl from glass bowl.
17. Roll out remaining dough 1/8" thick and cut out shapes.
18. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or till lightly browned, cool on rack.