German Pancakes Recipe
Instructions:1. Sift together flour and salt.
2. Add alternately with milk to beaten eggs a little at a time while beating briskly.
3. Spread butter evenly on bottom and sides of well-seasoned 10" cast iron skillet.
4. Pour in batter and place in pre-heated 400 degree oven.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes while gradually reducing heat to 350 degrees.
6. Pancake is done when it is puffed up high above the sides of the pan and has turned golden brown.
7. Slide pancake onto plate, butter, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and drizzle lemon juice over the sugar.
8. The pancake will fall quickly and will be quite heavy.
9. This recipe will also cook nicely in 2 8" pans for individual size pancakes.