German Pancakes Recipe
Instructions:1. You will need a LARGE skillet for these. Beat the eggs until light and frothy.
2. Add flour, salt, sugar and milk.
3. Beat for 5 minutes more.
4. The batter will be thin, but very smooth and creamy.
5. Place 2 tbsp of butter into the pan for each pancake.
6. Heat until pan is very hot, but don't allow butter to burn.
7. Ladle in enough batter with one hand so that, with the other hand holding the skillet handle and rotating the skillet, there is just enough batter to cover the bottom and slightly up the sides of thepan, but not a lot of excess.
8. This will produce a giant, crepelike pancake.
9. Check the cake by gently lifting the edge with a spatula.
10. When it is nicely browned, tunr the cake.
11. The second side will brown quickly.
12. Place the pancake onto a warm plate, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar then lemon juice, then spread with jam.
13. Roll up like a small jellyroll, sprinle again with cinnamon sugar, cut into two pieces, and serve.