German Gingerbread Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 cookies
- 3/4 cup soft margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients together well.
2. Make balls of dough the size of walnuts, and place them on a greased cookie sheet 3 to 4 inches apart.
3. Or, if you like, refrigerate overnight. Roll out cold dough for cookie shapes cut with cookie cutters. If dough is sticky, add flour.
4. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
5. Bake at 325 F for 6 to 8 minutes.